Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Im-Perfect Resolution

This year, my New Year's Resolution is to be imperfect.

I pledge to make countless mistakes. 

I vow to struggle at the things I want to do better. 

I agree to not be the person I wish I was.

I swear to do some things very poorly, to do a lot of things moderately ok, to even do some things really well but *only* some of the time.

I promise to disappoint people. *Especially* the people I care about.

I am determined to not be the best at anything. Nor will I receive unparalleled accolades, significant fame, anything greater than marginal influence, or anything approaching prodigious success.

I fully intend to not only fall short of my goals, but to be inadequate even in my pursuit of inadequacy.

In 2014, I resolve to give up perfection. And, most challenging of all, feel good doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment